The encouraging factor when facing hair loss, for whatever reason, is the number and variety of treatments available. Take, for example, the variety of wigs and hairpieces available as stock units or custom made to suit your preference and budget. Then there is the choice of material – human hair wigs or synthetic wigs?
Whilst we offer both types of hair replacement here at Pink and can vouch for the success of both, in recent years we have tended to favour synthetic wigs over those made from human hair and here we’ll explain why.
Benefits of Synthetic Wigs
- Modern synthetic wigs are much more realistic than their traditional counterparts and a really viable alternative to human hair wigs – they are much closer now to the protein rich fibres in real hair and we have even heard they have fooled the stylists on occasion!
- The colour, cut and style is already set and can be trimmed as necessary, saving you time and thought over how to style your human hair wig.
- Synthetic wigs do not fade as much as human hair wigs, even after long periods in sunlight. They will also not react to the climate as human hair does – for example becoming frizzy in humid weather.
- Maintenance is easy – simply wash in lukewarm water and leave to dry and the shape and style will return.
- They are easy to slip on and off so if you have problems lifting your arms above your head, for example after a mastectomy, then having to blow dry your human hair wig might be more troublesome.
- Synthetic wigs will tend to be lighter in weight than human hair wigs, which you might find makes them more comfortable.
- The life span of the average synthetic wig tends to be anything from around 3 months to 6 months, which means you can change your style a couple of times a year if you like!
Whatever type of wig you choose, the Pink team are there to support you and if you need help making that decision then all you have to do is ask. We have the experience to know which wigs and hairpieces will best suit you and can give you all the advice you need on maintenance to help you make your decision. We also provide full styling here at our salon to help you keep your hair in great shape.
Call us now on 0121 350 3826 to arrange a private consultation to talk through your options.