We are delighted to announce that the recent Pink competition, for ladies going through chemotherapy, was a great success. We had a large number of entrants, nominated by friends, family and breast care nurses and would like to thank everyone who took the time to enter.
The Pink committee, who had the difficult job of choosing the winners from all the worthy entrants, were made up of various local business and the Breast Friends charity who have all kindly contributed to the competition.
We felt that all entrants were so worthy, but in the end the committee chose six ladies to each receive the following prize:
- A wig – Provided by Pink Hair Solutions
- Make-up – Look good feel better
- Mastectomy underwear set – Provided by Amoena
- Evening gown hired for the night – Bernie the dress maker
- Goody bag valued at £150.00
- Headwear – provided by Hip headwear
- Night at Breast Friends Annual ball with a plus – Provided by Breast Friends
As a consolation to the ladies who were put forward but did not win, entrants have been offered a free service at Pink and a free Mastectomy Bra, kindly donated by Amoena.
The Pink competition will finish at the Breast Friends Ball in December at Moor Hall Hotel. Please do keep an eye on our blog later in the year for updates and pictures from the ball.
If you would like any information on any of our services please call us on 0121 350 3826 .