At Pink we are always amazed at the bravery of those undergoing cancer treatment and the compassion of their friends and family, and this week we were privileged to meet one of them. Chloe Eylles is 12 years old and because one of her close family members has cancer, she wanted to do something to give back and support other people going through treatment. So Chloe bravely donated her hair to the Little Princess Trust.
Chloe came into the Pink salon to have a whopping 14 inches cut off her lovely long hair and we must say she looks fantastic with her new shorter style!
Chloe’s donated hair will be given to the Little Princess Trust, a charity that provides real hair wigs, free of charge, to children and young adults who have lost their hair due to cancer treatment or other illnesses. The trust relies solely on charitable donations, so to see someone so young donating their hair for such a great cause is truly humbling.
Well done Chloe!
Director of Pink Hair, Linda Heeley, took two of our younger staff members Emily Heeley and Perri Patterson for training at Dimples Academy in Manchester recently, to bring further knowledge and advancements in technology to Pink Hair.
It was a very successful day as all three of us came back with new and exciting ideas, not only for wigs but part pieces as well. We spent the day at the Academy learning about different bases for different conditions and the types of hair available.
Dimples were very helpful as Tracey the course trainer from the USA had a lot of good advice and experience to share.
At Pink Hair Solutions, we are proud to help ladies at a difficult point in their lives, restoring identity and femininity in a private, welcoming environment to those currently undergoing chemotherapy.
We understand that buying a wig can be a big investment to those who had no choice but to give up work due to their illness and that’s why we’d like to give something back.
Enter our Competition
We are offering five ladies the chance to win an extra special prize, comprised of the following:
- A wig – Provided by Pink Hair Solutions
- Mastectomy underwear set – Provided by Amoena
- Goody bag valued at £150.00
- Headwear – provided by Hip headwear
- Make up – TBC
- Jewellery – TBC
- Evening gown hired for the night – TBC
Each of the ladies drawn for the prize will receive the above items and we have also had fantastic support from the local hospitals and cancer charities, with Breast Friends Sutton Coldfield kindly donating a table of 10 at their Annual Ball for the five winning ladies and their ‘plus one’s’. This will take place on the 17th December 2017 at Moor Hall Hotel.
How to Enter
To enter our competition simple send a letter about yourself or the person you would like to enter with a contact name and number to us at:
Pink Hair Solutions
86-88 Hawthorn Road
Terms and Conditions
- The entry date closes on 27th May 2017. Any entries received after this date will not be entered.
- The winners will be decided by a panel, made up of those people who donated the prizes
- Only ladies going through chemotherapy can be entered – either by themselves or others
- Winners will be notified by post or telephone
- There is no entry fee required to enter this competition
- Only one entry will be accepted per person, though we will consider entries from different entrants about the same person
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason
Good luck to all of you and if you have any questions at all about our competition please don’t hesitate to contact the Pink team on 0121 350 3826.
The encouraging factor when facing hair loss, for whatever reason, is the number and variety of treatments available. Take, for example, the variety of wigs and hairpieces available as stock units or custom made to suit your preference and budget. Then there is the choice of material – human hair wigs or synthetic wigs?
Whilst we offer both types of hair replacement here at Pink and can vouch for the success of both, in recent years we have tended to favour synthetic wigs over those made from human hair and here we’ll explain why.
Benefits of Synthetic Wigs
- Modern synthetic wigs are much more realistic than their traditional counterparts and a really viable alternative to human hair wigs – they are much closer now to the protein rich fibres in real hair and we have even heard they have fooled the stylists on occasion!
- The colour, cut and style is already set and can be trimmed as necessary, saving you time and thought over how to style your human hair wig.
- Synthetic wigs do not fade as much as human hair wigs, even after long periods in sunlight. They will also not react to the climate as human hair does – for example becoming frizzy in humid weather.
- Maintenance is easy – simply wash in lukewarm water and leave to dry and the shape and style will return.
- They are easy to slip on and off so if you have problems lifting your arms above your head, for example after a mastectomy, then having to blow dry your human hair wig might be more troublesome.
- Synthetic wigs will tend to be lighter in weight than human hair wigs, which you might find makes them more comfortable.
- The life span of the average synthetic wig tends to be anything from around 3 months to 6 months, which means you can change your style a couple of times a year if you like!
Whatever type of wig you choose, the Pink team are there to support you and if you need help making that decision then all you have to do is ask. We have the experience to know which wigs and hairpieces will best suit you and can give you all the advice you need on maintenance to help you make your decision. We also provide full styling here at our salon to help you keep your hair in great shape.
Call us now on 0121 350 3826 to arrange a private consultation to talk through your options.